I was supposed to make soup tonight, but it just didn’t feel like a soup night to me. Plus, I didn’t want to have to go through the work of cutting up all the veggies and cooking the chicken! Lazy, I know! 🙂
So instead, I still had a 1/2 lb of pizza dough in the freezer and decided to thaw it for some more calzones. I was in the mood for something a little different than the veggie calzones we had last week. I had some ham in the fridge that I wanted to use up, so we had ham calzones instead! I left off the pepperoni in mine and added some veggies instead. Then, instead of putting pizza sauce in the calzone, we dipped the whole thing in pizza sauce. Yum!!!!! David thought these were the bomb! 🙂
1/2 lb. pizza dough
8oz. sliced or chopped ham
2 oz. pepperoni
4 slices Provolone cheese
1 1/2- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, extra for topping
Pizza sauce, for dipping
1. Divide the pizza dough into 4 equal portions. Roll out each ball til very thin (about 6-8in diameter).
2. Layer ham, pepperoni, Provolone, mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
3. Fold calzone up – in toward center and pinch to close.
4. Place on greased baking sheet. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with basil and extra Parmesan cheese. (Make a small slit in top of each calzone to let air escape.)
5. Bake at 450° for 15 minutes, or until slightly browned. Serve with warm pizza sauce.